Niagara Therapy began, accidentally, in the coalfields of Canada in the 1920's. The coal miners working there discovered that by leaning against an experimental coal separation machine, they could get relief for their aching backs.
Using this basic equipment as their starting point, the Wettlaufer Brothers developed and patented a revolutionary new form of 'action' that is now known as 'cycloidal vibration' - a 3-dimensional vibration.
This potentially life-changing form of therapy was never fully commercialised until Owen K. Murphy stumbled onto it in 1948. Because of his background in the Medical Corps during World War II, Owen understood the benefits of circulation in the healing process. He was so sure of its potential that, in October 1949, he bought the patent and Niagara was founded.
In 1952, Owen K. Murphy founded the Niagara Research Institute to fund research into the benefits of cycloid vibration therapy (CVT). Dr John R Mote, OBE, who had been Chief Medical Advisor to the Allied Forces in World War II, headed this first research team.
In 1969, Niagara came to Australia. From the manufacturing facility in southern Queensland, Niagara therapy products are sent to sporting teams, mums, dads, and grandparents, throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia.
The core premise for the successful growth of Niagara for over 50 years is based on every person being unique: no doctor, health practitioner, nor Niagara Consultant can know how you feel. Hence you have to feel Niagara's therapy for yourself to see if your body responds the way the research says it could. You are unique, just like the millions of others who have enjoyed the benefits of Niagara Therapy over the last 50+ years.
Mr. Peter Crealey
The Niagara Creed
It is the policy of Niagara
- To maintain the high ethical standards that have won the confidence of people all over the world
- To steadfastly improve products and services
- To contribute, through constant research and advanced techniques, to the improvement of international health.
Niagara Therapy products may:
- Increase local area blood flow
- Assist in the reduction of musculoskeletal pain
- Assist in joint mobilisation
- Reduce excess interstitial oedema (swelling) whether the cause is the vascular or lymphatic
- Assist in the treatment of the wounds where an improvement in local circulation is a factor
- Assist in the treatment of pressure ulcers where an improvement in local circulation is a factor
Warning: Use only as directed and if symptoms persist, please see your doctor